Lędziny town has started the partnership cooperation with three foreign partnership towns .
The agreement concerning the partnership cooperation of the two towns was concluded on 20.06.2008. The parties of the agreement undertook to develop the cooperation between the two partnership towns in order to contribute to their development.
Revúca is a town in southern Slovakia, in bańskobystrzyckie country, administration center of Revúca. It is the main town of western part of Gemer historical region. The town has 13 500 residents. The town is located in the Muráò river valley at 318m above sea level, by the road from Murania to Jelszawy
The first notes about Revúca date back to 1357. For some centuries it was a small center of metallurgy and craft. In 1808 Murania Union was established, the first metallurgy partnership in Hungary. In 19th century the town played an important role as a Slovak national movement center.
-in 1862 Slovak Evangelical Gymnasium was opened, which since 1918 was the only secondary school in which all the subjects were taught in Slovak language.
The most important monuments: Slovak Evangelical Gymnasium buildings, the late Gothic Roman Catholic Church of St. Wawrzyniec dating back to the second half of 15th century, reconstructed in 1892, classical evangelical church of 1785, with Rococo altar and pulpit of 1784 together with evangelical presbytery building, classical cottage of 1819, bourgeois houses dating back to the second half of 19th century.
On the 4th of September 2008 The Town Council signed the resolution concerning the consent to begin the partnership cooperation with Roccagorga town in Italy.
Roccagorga has over 4 000 residents and it is a town located on western coast of Italy. The establishment of the cooperation took place in 2007 during the stay of municipal authorities delegation in the partnership town Unicov in Czech Republic. In May 2008 delegation of municipal authorities of Roccagorga, at municipal authorities invitation, visited Lędziny. During the return visit partnership protocol was signed, which is the forecast of the intentions to sign the partnership agreement. The aim of the cooperation is promoting and maintaining the cooperation between the Municipal Councils of both towns in order to: contribute to significant and balanced development consistent with social, economic, cultural, historical, life and environmental realities, develop the cooperation activities in the area of social and economic life, culture, education, sport, history, environment, tourism and administration, which will help to increase the opportunities of both towns, maintain constant relations between the two towns, facilitate the exchange between the residents in order to develop by the best mutual understanding of European brotherhood.
The agreement concerning the partnership cooperation of both towns was signed on the 4th of March 2006, emphasizing the need of enhancement of the mutual friendly relations and support in the economic, social and cultural area in order to achieve a harmonious and long-lasting development of both towns. Uniczow (Czech Uničov) is a town in Czech Republic that has 12 385 residents and its area is 4 827 hectares. It is one of seven royal Moravian towns located on the border of Hana (part of Moravia) High and Low Jesionik. The center of the area is the river basin of Oskawa (Cech Oskava). The inherent part of the town constitute eight districts (municipal parts) which were incorporated to Uniczow after 1960: Horní Sukolom, dolní Sukolom, Brníèko, Nová Dìdina, Benkov, Střelice, Renoty i Dìtřichov.
Abovementioned districts and estates until 1848 belonged to five lands: to uniczowski land belonged Střelice, Renoty, Dìtřichov and Nová Dìdina, to usowski land belonged Benkov, to sowinecki land belonged Dolní and Horní Sukolom. Branicko was divided into szternoberski lands and litowelski lands. The turning point in the history of Uniczow took place after the end of World War II. German citizens were displaced, national character of the town was changed. In 1948 the construction of a huge machinery factory was started, and the factory needed many new workers. The number of citizens was increasing, new estates, schools and houses were appearing. Uniczow was developing. The residents were provided with modern cinema, football stadium and winter stadium, swimming pool, minigolf. Sports and cultural activities were given a green light.
In recent years the town has changed its image - refurbished facades of houses, restored monuments and modern infrastructure make Uniczow an attractive town up to XXI century standards.